Saturday, July 14, 2012
The Unsinkable
I just started an engaging series Downton Abbey on Netflix from a recommendation from my friend Alison and also my family. I already am hooked! In the first episode a wealthy family is reading the newspaper about the April 1912 Titanic sinking and referred to a multi-millionaire J. J. Astor and his wife as well as to some Crawford family members who had been aboard. It reminded me of Brooke's HAL program dinner theater last spring, a reenactment of the evening of the sinking of the Titanic.
Brooke's friends (who are also siblings) played the parts of J. J. Astor and his very young wife Madeleine who had a scandalous marriage as he divorced his first wife and then married this 18-year-old who was younger than his son from his previous marriage. Mrs. Astor was one of the survivors, but Mr. Astor drowned.
Brooke played the part of Ms. Dorothy Gibson, an actress in first class who also survived.
We ate a scrumptious eight-course meal and had a fun evening quizzing the kids on details about the Titanic.
Brooke's HAL teacher
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So is this friend of yours "Alison" me? Because if it is YAHOO! and if it isn't YAHOO!! I certainly LOVE that show!!!! Look at that cute haircut! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteThat was really neat! LOVED seeing a post on here from you!!! YAY!!! Brooke looked so pretty! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks you both! Good to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteAlison, it is YOU! I read some of your cute blogs the other night and need to catch up more. Miss you, too. You are wonderful! XXOO
Robin, thanks for encouraging me to blog again. I do want to do more to stay connected... maybe this summer... Love you back!
I too was thrilled to see a new post from you. I'm also hooked on Downton Abbey. Marissa got me started and I can't wait for the next season. Brooke and her friends must have had a great time with this activity. Brooke looks so grown up..... my how time flies. It was fun to see pics of you and Stewart too. You can see our latest family pics on our blog (via Robin).
ReplyDeleteSuch good pictures of Brooke and the players in the play. She is so precious and such good looking young lady. I especially loved the pictures of Stewart and Brooke and then of you and Stewart. Brooke you are a special sweetheart. I love you so much. Thank you for the picture you sent Grammy. Love you all so much and I was so glad to see you put the post on.
ReplyDelete